Between Serena’s purple dress and Chuck kissing a dude, those two elements could have made up the entirety of last night’s Gossip Girl and I would have been thrilled. But there were definitely some plot issues with last night’s episode. I think the problem with much of this season so far is the lack of any kind of tension or stakes. It just feels like a lot of characters are floating around with no real purpose. The best example I’d have to say is Chuck who seems to have zero point now but to cater to every one of Blair’s whims. It’s definitely a problem that can be fixed but I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later; I sense people are losing their patience. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Gossip Girl (81-90 of 137)
This weekend, Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley has his first big-screen leading role, in the remake of The Stepfather. Plus, his co-star (and real-life girlfriend) Blake Lively has a small role in New York, I Love You, which is now in limited release. So, which of the GG kids is choosing the best film projects? Badgley seems to be following the GG-cast trend of booking scary flicks (Chace Crawford was in 2008′s The Haunting of Molly Hartley; and Leighton Meester and Jessica Szhor are in 2010′s The Roommate and Piranha 3D, respectively). Horror flicks can end up doing very well, and Stepfather commercials have been all over the place, although reviews have been lukewarm. Still, I think I’m going to have to give my votes to Lively and Crawford for embracing alternate strategies. Lively has been taking supporting roles in smaller but star-studded flicks—such as New York, I Love You, the upcoming The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, and The Town, costarring Ben Affleck (who also directs), Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner, and Rebecca Hall. It’s a great cast , and the film could prove her range as an actress. Meanwhile, Crawford is tackling the lead in the Footloose remake which, good or bad, will be highly-anticipated and nab a ton of attention. Plus, it’s the movie that shot Kevin Bacon into super-stardom. Maybe it can do the same for Chace?
What do you think PopWatchers? Which Gossip Girl cast member is picking the best movies?
In this week’s episode of Sound Bites: The late-night hosts react to the Letterman situation, The Office has a wedding party and everybody comes…down the aisle, our Twitter followers go Swimfan levels of crazy for Glee, Jacko comes back to life on South Park, and…sandwiches. Sentences? SANDWICHES. Plus: I stick to my #1 policy: When there’s a will to relate anything/everything to Arrested Development, there’s a way. Can you blame me? Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken? Press play below.
Last week I bemoaned the too-packed programming of the 8 p.m. slot on Mondays. Turns out 9 p.m.’s not much easier. Teen soaps and dramedies, procedurals, gripping — and not gripping so much as gyrating — reality; I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. (If I settle on Greek and Intervention, I’ll probs do both. Heyo!) Anyway, let’s run down the options: READ FULL STORY
Welcome back to the Upper East Side, GG fans! It’s been way too long since we last saw the Constance Billard gang, and, as we saw from last night’s third season premiere, they’ve been getting into all sorts of dish-worthy news. Let’s catch up with their summer activities, shall we?
Chuck and Blair are finally together. Yay! They even used his past philandering ways to spice up their relationship. Yes, some good ol’ fashioned role playing with Chuck as the cheating cad and Blair as the scorned girlfriend. They even visited go-sees (model-ese for auditions) to find prospective suitors. Kind of cute, kind of twisted. But when Serena warned Blair about the perils of an open relationship like theirs, they stopped these faux threesome shenanigans and kept with the role playing, just on their own. Okay, no need for details. Moving on… READ FULL STORY
- 'Mob City': 18 stylish shots
- Frank Darabont: Back from the 'Dead'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Naked and Afraid' (and awkward!)
- Tom Everett Scott joins 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Lance Reddick joins 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 681
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine