From its comic book inspirations to a prominent excerpt from Charles Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities, Christopher Nolan’s saga-ending The Dark Knight Rises was chockablock with pop-culture references. While there were plenty of unexpected moments in the film’s 164 minutes, some of the biggest surprises weren’t plot developments but Nolan’s loving homages to (and occasionally strange riffs on) other films, books, and more. Below, we look into some of the influences of Rises, including one very unexpected shout-out to the speech that won Matt Damon and Ben Affleck an Oscar. (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!) READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Good Will Hunting (1-1 of 1)
Jul 25 2012 03:48 PM ET
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Anchorman 2': Official teaser trailer
- 'SNL': Costumes of the year!
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?