berdevilled with injuries and other problems during its previews. The somewhat surprising part? Beck absolutely loved the show, which has been largely panned by early reviewers. (Technically, no official reviews of Spider-Man are supposed to appear until the show’s official opening, which has been moved back twice but is currently slated for Feb. 7.) “This is better than Wicked!” Beck said, referencing the much-lauded Broadway show that was an instant success when it debuted in 2003. “This is much better than Wicked.”Fox News personality Glenn Beck is never shy about serving up his opinion about most topics — that’s for dang sure — but this morning on his radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, he started in very passionately on a topic that we’ve rarely heard him be passionate about before: the theater. Specifically, Broadway’s new musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, which has been
Tag: Glenn Beck (21-24 of 24)
Is Stephen Colbert brave enough to stand in the same spot where Glenn Beck spoke about American freedom just over one week ago? Well, not the same spot, but a few steps lower? That’s what some 32,000 Facebook users are aiming to do with a new grassroots campaign to get the Colbert Report host to emcee a “Restoring Truthiness” rally, designed as a counterpoint to Glenn Beck’s Aug. 28 “Restoring Honor” rally.
The whole thing started with a post on social news site Reddit and has expanded to include a Facebook page and web site touting Oct. 10, 2010 as the target date and the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., where Beck’s rally took place, as the chosen venue. The idea is to fundraise and sell merchandise to cover costs, and donate the remaining money to a charity of Colbert’s choice, or one chosen by vote. READ FULL STORY
I’m so glad Jon Stewart conjured up the visual aids to help explain News Corp’s $1million donation to the Republican Governors Association on last night’s Daily Show. I usually watch Glenn Beck bounce off the invisible walls surrounding his chalkboard if I need to understand high-concept political gobbledygook. But Stewart makes things even easier! Video after the break. READ FULL STORY
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Survivor,' 'Mod Fam,' 'Coven'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Orphan Black' season 2: First photo
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 690
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 375
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'American Horror Story' recap: Kill Fiona
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy on chopping off [SPOILER]'s head and even more Stevie Nicks -- EXCLUSIVE