With separate categories for drama and comedy or musical, the Golden Globes won’t exactly predict how much Oscar competition Les Miserables‘ Hugh Jackman is for Lincoln‘s Daniel Day-Lewis, but look on the bright side: We have an interesting acceptance speech to look forward to if the Best Director award goes to one of the Oscar-snubbed — Argo‘s Ben Affleck, Zero Dark Thirty‘s Kathryn Bigelow, or Django Unchained‘s Quentin Tarantino. Who will win in the Globes’ 14 movie categories? Let’s take it to a vote below. Remember, this is who you think will win, not necessarily who you think should win. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Frankenweenie (1-2 of 2)
Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie hits theaters Friday, telling the age-old story of a boy and his dog. Except this time, the dog’s dead…or, undead. In the movie, Little Victor Frankenstein’s beloved dog Sparky gets hit by a car; distraught, Victor, who fancies himself a scientist, decides to resurrect his deceased pup. All seems well until Victor realizes that bringing the dead back to life has serious, unforeseen consequences.
This stop-motion flick is the latest in a long line of films based on Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel. And with those adaptations come many, many iterations of her iconic monster. So, after a thorough investigation, we’ve selected our five favorite big-screen versions of Frankenstein’s monster. Check out the full list after the jump.
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- Paramount apology for 'TMNT' 9/11 poster
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...