If franchises were baseball teams, then The Fast and the Furious would be the Oakland Athletics. As recounted in last year’s Moneyball, the A’s could never afford to pay superstar salaries. So, using a system known as sabermetrics, they put together a ragtag band of players: aging players who could make base hits, rookies who could read pitches, journeyman has-beens with the uncanny ability to just keep getting on base. None of these dudes was a star. But together, they made a franchise. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fast Six (1-1 of 1)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?