If franchises were baseball teams, then The Fast and the Furious would be the Oakland Athletics. As recounted in last year’s Moneyball, the A’s could never afford to pay superstar salaries. So, using a system known as sabermetrics, they put together a ragtag band of players: aging players who could make base hits, rookies who could read pitches, journeyman has-beens with the uncanny ability to just keep getting on base. None of these dudes was a star. But together, they made a franchise. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fast Six (1-1 of 1)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7