Oscar winner and former Roseanne star Estelle Parsons will soon have another feisty leading role on Broadway. Beginning April 1 at the Booth Theatre (“a magical theater,” says the 86-year-old actress), Parsons will play her first full-fledged starring role on the Great White Way since her celebrated turn as Violet Weston in August: Osage County in 2008-09 (when she took over for Tony winner Deanna Dunagan). In Eric Coble’s dark comedy, The Velocity of Autumn, Parsons portrays a near-octogenerian named Alexandra who arms herself with Molotov cocktails to resist her eviction from her Brooklyn brownstone — only to have her estranged son (Stephen Spinella) climb through her window in an effort to make peace. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Estelle Parsons (1-1 of 1)
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Chris Brown to remain in custody
- 'Best Week Ever' canceled by VH1 (again)
- Jodie Foster marries Alexandra Hedison
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Bachelorette' contestant Eric Hill dies
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Ruffalo's pics
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': First pic from set