Oscar winner and former Roseanne star Estelle Parsons will soon have another feisty leading role on Broadway. Beginning April 1 at the Booth Theatre (“a magical theater,” says the 86-year-old actress), Parsons will play her first full-fledged starring role on the Great White Way since her celebrated turn as Violet Weston in August: Osage County in 2008-09 (when she took over for Tony winner Deanna Dunagan). In Eric Coble’s dark comedy, The Velocity of Autumn, Parsons portrays a near-octogenerian named Alexandra who arms herself with Molotov cocktails to resist her eviction from her Brooklyn brownstone — only to have her estranged son (Stephen Spinella) climb through her window in an effort to make peace. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Estelle Parsons (1-1 of 1)
- 'Captain America 2' No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- Miley Cyrus postpones tour until August
- Bieber deport bid: White House says...
- Bryan Singer disputes Hawaii abuse claim
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out