It was a packed day on Ellen as Chaz Bono and Jon Cryer stopped by to promote their upcoming seasons of Dancing with the Stars and Two and a Half Men, respectively. DeGeneres opened with an impassioned defense of Bono before giving way to the lighter stuff. There was talk of prosthetic penises (from Cryer!); a surprise super-celebrity call-in; Bono revealing what style he drew for his first Dancing routine; and even some side scoop on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Read all about it below! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ellen DeGeneres (71-80 of 119)
Forbes has released its annual list of The 100 Most Powerful Women, and while German Chancellor Angela Merkel tops it (Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is up three spots from last year to No. 2, while 2010’s No. 1, First Lady Michelle Obama, dropped to No. 8, and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann makes her debut at No. 22), the big news is that Lady Gaga, who fell from No. 7 to No. 11, now tops Oprah Winfrey, who slid from No. 3 to No. 14. The good news for Winfrey: She’s still above Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano (No. 15), Google SVP of Advertising Susan Wojcicki (No. 16), and Argentinian President Cristina Fernandez (No. 17).
A sample of others making the cut: READ FULL STORY
A story from The Hollywood Reporer today revealed that Bravo breakout star Bethenny Frankel is currently filming the pilot for an advice-based talk show. Neither Frankel’s rep nor the production company Telepictures (Ellen, Lopez Tonight) would confirm or comment on talk of development. Though in a recent profile with THR, Frankel announced “I want to be on TV in a format where I can have a longer conversation with my fans rather than 140 characters on Twitter. It probably will be a talk show.”
Whether, like me, you teared up along with Frankel during the Bethenny Ever After season 2 finale or shake your fist at the sky over this acerbic woman’s sudden ubiquity, her success is a thing to marvel. READ FULL STORY
An international superstar who has a habit of wearing leather fetish outfits and matching floppy hat brims must be a paragon of confidence, right? Wrong! Even Lady Gaga feels insecure occasionally: “Do I feel like a loser sometimes? Yes, of course I do,” she says today during her appearance on Ellen DeGeneres’ talk show. Sounds like someone’s angling to segue into an impromptu performance of “Born This Way.”
We’ll be recapping the episode this afternoon on our Music Mix blog after it airs. In the meantime, get pumped by checking out the promo below. (Here’s hoping we actually do get to see Gaga wearing Ellen-esque jeans and sneakers sooner rather than later.) READ FULL STORY
Remember that episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta when NeNe Leakes was blowing her interview with Jermaine Dupri so she started making digs about Kim Zolciak’s age? That’s kind of the same impulse that seems to be driving her during her publicity blitz for Celebrity Apprentice. She just can’t stop grinding her heel into fellow contestant Star Jones. Perhaps because she knows full well that the promise of these digs is what keeps getting her ink or airtime. (Not the most noble way to make a name for oneself.) Today on The Ellen Degeneres Show, under her perpetual guise of just telling it like it is, she pronounced Jones “bossy, manipulative, conniving, and I’m not even being funny, I think that is real, I honestly think that is who she is.” You can check out the full clip below: READ FULL STORY
Take a look at that, eh? A different Two and a Half Men star has made a headline! After a week of nothing but Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Jon Cryer (a.k.a. the one without warlock wings) has stepped into the spotlight, appearing in a sketch that will air on Thursday’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show that pokes fun at his currently unemployment. (Following Charlie Sheen’s combative radio interviews, CBS shut down filming on the final eight episodes of the season.) In the sketch, Cryer plays DeGeneres’ new receptionist: “I needed the work,” he shrugs, shortly after DeGeneres applauds his work ethic by telling him, “You do the work of two and a half men!” Tune in today to find out if the two dance enthusiasts pas de deux to “Try a Little Tenderness.” Watch the clip after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Ellen DeGeneres' birthday show: A hot kiss from Colin Farrell trumps a surprise visit from Julia Roberts -- Watch!
• George, a nurse from Portland, Ore. who wanted to spend his birthday with Ellen, was flown to the show and not only gifted a pair of scrubs with Ellen’s face all over them — he got to be Julia Roberts’ mouthpiece as a blind-folded Ellen asked her first mystery guest questions to try to guess who it was. It was Roberts’ first appearance on the show, which DeGeneres joked was more exciting than John Jacobson, who’d been on moments earlier doing his Double Dream Hands routine. “Just barely,” Roberts joked. (Roberts also joked that she was happy she hadn’t worn khakis, and Ellen said that’s how she should have made her entrance — among his backup dancers. Seriously. Yes.) READ FULL STORY
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to debut at Berlin fest
- Kevin Hart to host 'SNL' in January
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Amy Adams do?
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks