It wasn’t an F-bomb that set off a gasp in the press room at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night, it was the n-word. Quentin Tarantino employed the controversial term in the context of discussing his film, Django Unchained, for which the writer/director won best screenplay. The movie, which employs the slur over and over again in the course of its 165 minutes, has struck controversy in the African American community for its portrayal of a slave-turned-bounty hunter in antebellum Mississippi.
Tag: Don Cheadle (1-1 of 1)
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover