It’s a bleak week on the Great White Way, with final curtains announced for three new fall shows. The musical Chaplin will shuffle-step off Broadway on Jan. 6 after a four-month run of 24 previews and 136 regular performances. Producers are still planning to mount a national tour of the show in 2014 in hopes of recouping their investment. The show about the silent-screen star opened to tepid reviews, including a C+ from EW, and struggled to attract an audience. For the week ending Dec. 1, it earned just $354,820 or roughly 38 percent of its potential gross, according to figures from the Broadway League.
Tag: Debra Winger (1-1 of 1)
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS