It’s a bleak week on the Great White Way, with final curtains announced for three new fall shows. The musical Chaplin will shuffle-step off Broadway on Jan. 6 after a four-month run of 24 previews and 136 regular performances. Producers are still planning to mount a national tour of the show in 2014 in hopes of recouping their investment. The show about the silent-screen star opened to tepid reviews, including a C+ from EW, and struggled to attract an audience. For the week ending Dec. 1, it earned just $354,820 or roughly 38 percent of its potential gross, according to figures from the Broadway League.
Tag: Debra Winger (1-1 of 1)
- 'American Sniper' is No. 1 again: $64.4M
- Rihanna's new song with Kanye, McCartney
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'