It’s a bleak week on the Great White Way, with final curtains announced for three new fall shows. The musical Chaplin will shuffle-step off Broadway on Jan. 6 after a four-month run of 24 previews and 136 regular performances. Producers are still planning to mount a national tour of the show in 2014 in hopes of recouping their investment. The show about the silent-screen star opened to tepid reviews, including a C+ from EW, and struggled to attract an audience. For the week ending Dec. 1, it earned just $354,820 or roughly 38 percent of its potential gross, according to figures from the Broadway League.
Tag: Debra Winger (1-1 of 1)
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Lost' alum to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- 'Ken Jeong Made Me Do It': MTV pilot
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Latinos at movies: 5 key research findings
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online