It’s a bleak week on the Great White Way, with final curtains announced for three new fall shows. The musical Chaplin will shuffle-step off Broadway on Jan. 6 after a four-month run of 24 previews and 136 regular performances. Producers are still planning to mount a national tour of the show in 2014 in hopes of recouping their investment. The show about the silent-screen star opened to tepid reviews, including a C+ from EW, and struggled to attract an audience. For the week ending Dec. 1, it earned just $354,820 or roughly 38 percent of its potential gross, according to figures from the Broadway League.
Tag: Debra Winger (1-1 of 1)
- Golden Globes: We predict the movie nominees
- 'Godzilla' returns: First trailer
- Most cringeworthy movie dialogue of '13: 'Top' 5
- 'Mary Poppins': Karen Dotrice on being 'Jane Banks'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Behind the scenes
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- 'Hit List' on N.Y. stage: It's a 'Smash'!
- Tonys opener: How they did it (Best of 2013)
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Mary Poppins' star talks 50th anniversary and 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers