The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon paid tribute to retiring Late Show star David Letterman with an homage to one of the comedy legend’s most iconic bits: The Top 10 List.
Fallon called his late-night competitor “one in a million” before delivering the sendup, The Top 10 Reasons Why David Letterman Is Retiring, which includes:
10: Wants to quit while he’s still able to compete on Dancing With the Stars.
9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
8. Time slot was getting too “Jimmyesque.”
7. He’s not retiring — he’s “consciously unhosting.”
6. Stop! Hammock time!
5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
4. After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website!
3. One word: E-loprah
2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season’s Amazing Race.
1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.