In the last decade, it’s become very common for studios to snag a hotshot indie director — Bryan Singer, Christopher Nolan, Marc Webb — and hand them the reins of a big-budget superhero movie. But there’s one independent director who decidedly would not like to make the leap into comic book filmmaking. In an interview with Next Movie, director David Cronenberg — sitting alongside his Cosmopolis star Robert Pattinson — openly disagrees with the notion that good directors have brought a new maturity to the superhero genre. “I don’t think they are making them an elevated art form,” he says. “I think it’s still Batman running around in a stupid cape.” Cronenberg presses his point by specifically addressing Dark Knight Rises: READ FULL STORY
Tag: David Cronenberg (1-2 of 2)
In a conversation as twisty, intense and referential as one of David Cronenberg’s own movies, the director and his Cosmopolis star Robert Pattinson spent the better part of an hour Wednesday giggling and talking to the New York Times’ TimesTalk on live video about everything from the billionaire-gone-downhill film, which opens wide in theaters Aug. 24, to prostate exams, Snooki as American royalty, of sorts, to watching YouTube videos of psychopath Jeffrey Dahmer to yes, THAT situation involving Kristen Stewart, albeit briefly and vaguely.
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': Is (SPOILER) dead?
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' recap: 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- 'Top Chef' recap: Emotional eaters
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Arrow' mid-season finale post-mortem: Scoop on all those surprises!
- 'American Horror Story' recap: That Darn Head