What would it be like to date Undateable star Chris D’Elia? If our EW Pop Culture Personality Test is any indication, it would involve conversations about Jim Carrey, Cops, and the softcore French Emmanuelle films. Watch us quiz him below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Chris D'Elia (1-2 of 2)
It’s tough to be a new TV comedy. Deep down, jaded viewers are expecting you to not be funny, so if they actually laugh, they can’t trust themselves. They give tempered reviews like, “Lord help me, but I laughed,” so if others didn’t, they’ve at least taken the first jab at themselves which should lessen other’s blows.
Well, I thought Undateable was kinda funny. (So Lord help me.)
Inspired by the book Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won’t Be Dating or Having Sex, the show comes from Bill Lawrence (co-creator of Cougar Town and Scrubs) and Adam Sztykiel (co-writer of the films Due Date and Made of Honor). Whitney‘s Chris D’Elia stars as Danny, the 29-year-old manchild who uses the word “buried” when he means to say all his friends are “married.” He gets a new roommate, Justin (comedian Brent Morin), and tries to become a love guru to him and his gameless buddies, who hang out at Justin’s unpopular bar. Even though Justin has the hots for his barmaid — and a chance to hook up with Danny’s divorced older sister Leslie (Rules of Engagement‘s Bianca Kajlich) — you get the feeling that the real love story here will be one of male bonding. D’Elia and Morin have the chemistry for it, and they’re both likable: D’Elia makes douchery like his “You think I came out of my mom’s womb just crushing ass?” line charming (it was the turning and miming giving his mother the peace sign). Ditto Morin when Justin’s overanalyzing things like the dream scenario in which he’d profess his feelings to his crush (it should be fall, when his wardrobe is the strongest). READ FULL STORY
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks