It’s a bleak week on the Great White Way, with final curtains announced for three new fall shows. The musical Chaplin will shuffle-step off Broadway on Jan. 6 after a four-month run of 24 previews and 136 regular performances. Producers are still planning to mount a national tour of the show in 2014 in hopes of recouping their investment. The show about the silent-screen star opened to tepid reviews, including a C+ from EW, and struggled to attract an audience. For the week ending Dec. 1, it earned just $354,820 or roughly 38 percent of its potential gross, according to figures from the Broadway League.
Tag: Chaplin (1-2 of 2)
Before the Tramp makes his Broadway debut, the cast and crew of Chaplin has to recreate famous scenes from Charlie Chaplin’s most iconic movies frame by frame. EW has an exclusive green screen video of star Rob McClure shooting the famous “bread roll ballet” from 1925′s The Gold Rush (complete with an imitation set with the newspaper tablecloth with heart cut-outs).
In the video below, McClure and director/choreographer Warren Carlyle discuss the difficulty of recreating such a simple scene.
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online