This was not the best Super Bowl for commercials (or football)! You know it’s an off year when two of the most memorable spots involve Greek yogurt. That’s just a rather bleak landscape in general, “live culture” notwithstanding. Meanwhile, my favorite healthy snacks Doritos and M&Ms, which usually bring it hard for the Super Bowl, barely registered. Below, 2014′s Best and Worst ads: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bob Dylan (1-3 of 3)
Even professional athletes secretly want to be rock stars.
ESPN The Magazine has put out a music issue — on newsstands Feb. 8 — explaining that sports and music are more intertwined than ever. As part of that coverage, the magazine got a bunch of athletes to recreate iconic album covers – everything from Alex Morgan showing she’s One of the Boys (above) to Allyson Felix posing at Beyoncé.
Over on ESPN’s website, they have behind-the-scenes pictures and videos of each athlete getting into character, which means you can check out the details behind Felix giving her fiercest face as Bey, or Ryan Lochte floating in a pool (of course) a la Nirvana. They also have athlete playlists, if you think that may finally be the thing that gets you to the gym.
Check out Lochte’s album cover below, and head over to ESPN for more. READ FULL STORY
Jimmy Fallon is a populist at heart, and last night, the people’s talk show host fulfilled audience requests on Late Night, which led to him performing the holiday classic “Jingle Bells, Batman Smells” à la Bob Dylan. His impression was spot-on, as always, but this acoustic guitar and harmonica-infused performance was especially impressive and humorous considering the song’s silly tone.
Watch the video below: READ FULL STORY
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' takes in $55M on Friday
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- Xmas TV movie weekend: What's on when
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere