Charlize Theron hasn’t hosted Saturday Night Live since 2000, which was 14 whole years ago and a performance which very few of us actually remember. That didn’t stop her from crafting a monologue out of a sketch from that 2000 show, however. Her singing part in that sketch kept getting reduced and reduced until she realized, “I can’t sing.” Which the writers apparently thought was hilarious because guys, Charlize Theron can do everything: Win Oscars! Star in dramas! Star in comedies! But… she can’t sing. Ha, ha! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Black Keys (1-2 of 2)
At this weekend’s MTV Movie Awards, Johnny Depp slipped into his newest role: guitarist for the the Black Keys.
While being honored for a Generation Award at the MTV Movie Awards, the Dark Shadows actor joined the band onstage for special performances of “Gold on the Ceiling” and “Lonely Boy,” while Steven Tyler and Joe Perry — who were presenting the award — watched from nearby. Needless to say, the night’s scarf count went up considerably.
The often-animated Depp maintained a straight face through the song, letting singer Dan Auerbach soak up the spotlight. Even when being handed his award, the actor remained humble, deferring the spotlight to both the Aerosmith veterans and “up-and-coming legends” (Depp’s words) Black Keys.
It was undoubtedly a very cool moment — even host Russell Brand had to take a break from making Michael Fassbender-penis jokes to acknowledge it — but it’s not the first time Depp has guest-guitar’d. Just recently, he joined Marilyn Manson for a performance at the Golden God Awards, and he’s previously collaborated with everyone from Oasis to Alice Cooper.
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Damian Lewis in Showtime Wall Street pilot
- Charles Dance joins 'Childhood's End' cast
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover