One of the many, many reasons I absolutely loved Fargo — the FX drama that builds upon the 1996 Coen Brothers movie of the same name — is that it’s filled with allegories and digressions and asides that may or may not mean something, but they always make you think. (More on that later.) So in the spirit of the show, let’s start with one of my own — or rather, one that, like this show, builds upon somebody else’s. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Billy Bob Thornton (1-2 of 2)
Watching the FX drama Fargo has sometimes felt like playing a game of I Spy: What loving homage to the original Coen brothers film might pop up next?
That’s not to say the series is a mere knockoff or shoddy imitation. Though heavily inspired by the Coens’ 1996 classic and rooted in its lore, the 10-episode adaptation more than stands on its own, thanks in large part to a stunning study in character transformation by star Martin Freeman. As Lester Nygaard, he has gone snow-booted toe-to-toe with some of the darkest criminals (Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo) and most dogged cops (Allison Tolman as Molly Solverson) on television. Still, it’s been a lot of fun to connect the dots between the film and series.
With the season winding to an end — the finale airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET on FX — we present a near-comprehensive guide to the Fargo Easter eggs that have so far popped up in the show. [SPOILERS AHEAD!] READ FULL STORY
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- Hannibal Buress routine vs. Bill Cosby
- Key & Peele movie deal with New Line
- Larry King posts random thoughts on Twitter
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes