Tag: Bill Gates (1-3 of 3)
A user who participated in this year's Reddit online holiday gift exchange got the surprise of a lifetime when she opened up her package only to find out that Bill Gates was her Secret Santa this year.
RedditGifts participant Rachel posted a detailed account of the events online in which she notably confessed that she "did not realize [her] santa was Mr. Bill Gates himself until very far into [unwrapping]
Actors, politicians, and other people who lie for a living top list of the 100 Most Trusted People in America
Reader’s Digest has released their list of the 100 Most Trusted People in America. Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brian Williams, Judge Judy, Hillary Clinton, and many other politicians, performers, and TV hosts — people whose entire professional existence is arguably focused on constructing elaborate fictions and saying what you want to hear in lieu of the actual truth — all feature prominently in the list, beating out by a wide margin “Your Mother,” “Your Father,” “Your Second-Grade Teacher,” and many other people you probably should actually trust despite the fact that they aren’t famous. READ FULL STORY
Steve Jobs: The popular jock to Bill Gates’s nerdy Chess Club president?
It certainly seems that way. As Stephen Colbert pointed out to the man himself last night, Gates has been working tirelessly for nearly two decades to promote education and eradicate childhood death through his Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation — yet the Microsoft founder has never received the same sort of fawning popular acclaim that Jobs got every time he introduced a smaller iPod.
Gates, to his credit, wasn’t bothered by the question. “He was always cooler than me,” the billionaire told Colbert of Jobs. “He was brilliant. He had his own style, he had his own approach. And mine is I guess a little geekier than his was.”
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Fargo' season 1 to stream only on Hulu
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Mag Award guests talk 'The Interview'
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks