Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Bangs (1-1 of 1)
Nov 29 2012 12:57 PM ET
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?