Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Bangs (1-1 of 1)
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best singles of '13: EW picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best nonfiction books of '13: EW picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Doc Jensen's Picks