Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Bangs (1-1 of 1)
- SXSW '14 Jury and Special Award winners
- 'Sex Box' reality series OK'd at WEtv
- 'Blacklist,' 'Voice,' more NBC finale dates
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- President Obama on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Game of Thrones' gets Vanity Fair cover
- 'Big Bro,' 'Dome' premiere dates are...
- Tom Bergeron plans 'Home Videos' exit