Ever since she stole the 2008 movie Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, you’ve probably suspected you’d be friends with actress Ari Graynor. After she popped by EW to take our Pop Culture Personality Test, we can confirm you’re right. Currently starring in CBS’ Bad Teacher, Graynor is also headlining Second Stage Theatre’s dark off-Broadway comedy American Hero, which begins previews May 12. Jerry O’Connell co-stars in the play, and the first sign she’s as fun as you want her to be is when she speaks about the birthday present he recently gave her — “I don’t want to brag. He wrote me a poem. There I said it. It rhymed” — with as much affection as she does the mezuzah Woody Allen gave her as an opening night gift in 2011, when she was the leading lady in his portion of Relatively Speaking. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bad Teacher (1-2 of 2)
I had high hopes for Bad Teacher, an adaptation of the perfectly okay 2011 Cameron Diaz movie, because of its star Ari Graynor. She was such an original mess — blowsy and sloppy and cool all at the same time — in Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, and the new CBS show that premieres on Thursday seemed like the perfect vehicle for her talents. And while she is well-suited to the role, the show is not yet worthy of her — or her fine supporting cast’s — talents. READ FULL STORY
- 'Party Down' seasons 1 and 2 on Hulu
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': Meet the cast
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Survivor' twist revealed: 'Exile Island' returns
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- 'Transparent' First Look: 'Dad is a woman'
- 'Are You the One?': Meet season 2 cast
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge