Warner Bros’ explicit attempt to conjure up their own superhero-movie mega-franchise has led to a summer of tantalizing hints and possible red herrings. Is Dwayne Johnson playing Shazam…or is he playing Shazam’s nemesis? Will the Aquaman movie feel 300-y or Castle-ish? If Guillermo Del Toro talks about a movie, does that mean it’s definitely happening or definitely not happening? READ FULL STORY
Tag: Aquaman (1-3 of 3)
And so Warner Bros’ incipient superhero universe continues its aggressive expansion. The Hollywood Reporter claims the studio is currently developing an Aquaman movie—a movie that will likely star Jason “Khal Drogo” Momoa and which is something we should all theoretically be looking forward to, because Aquaman is a cool character, and everyone who thinks Aquaman is a lame character is themselves lame and should be punished by getting forcefully Clockwork Orange‘d through a full-series Entourage marathon. READ FULL STORY
I’m done with people who think Aquaman is lame. It’s less an argument than a played-out meme that draws its evidence from two ridiculous sources: Super Friends, a TV show that no one under the age of 30 actually watched; and Entourage, a TV show that everyone under the age of 30 watched, God damn our rotten souls. Aquaman’s classic costume is silly—green and orange, booties and gloves—but his backstory has ten Game of Thrones‘ worth of awesomely kookbat mythology. He can control all sea creatures, which yes hahaha he talks to dolphins OH LOOK OUT SMART GUY FIFTY SHARKS JUST ATE YOUR FAT FACE OFF. READ FULL STORY
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk