Reader’s Digest has released their list of the 100 Most Trusted People in America. Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brian Williams, Judge Judy, Hillary Clinton, and many other politicians, performers, and TV hosts — people whose entire professional existence is arguably focused on constructing elaborate fictions and saying what you want to hear in lieu of the actual truth — all feature prominently in the list, beating out by a wide margin “Your Mother,” “Your Father,” “Your Second-Grade Teacher,” and many other people you probably should actually trust despite the fact that they aren’t famous. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Alex Trebek (1-3 of 3)
This beloved game-show host may be out of a job come 2016.
If you guessed “Who is Alex Trebek?” then you probably already know what the New York Post is reporting – that the long-time Jeopardy host will be stepping down when his contract expires in 2016. (Reps for the show and Alex Trebek declined to comment to EW).
The Post is also saying the show is looking to woo Matt Lauer — who’s been having some trouble with his current gig — for the job if he leaves Today. The Lauer suggestion is ridiculous. As much as we all adore Jeopardy!, it would be a huge step down for the current morning show anchor, and something he has no need to seriously entertain.
But Trebek does eventually need a replacement, and it’ll likely be someone younger who can be the face of the franchise for a long time to come. I’d love to see Anderson Cooper — whom the Post reports is also a contender — take over. He’s obviously incredibly intelligent, and his daytime show, not to mention his New Year’s specials with Kathy Griffin, show he’s quick on his feet and isn’t afraid to have some fun with pop culture. READ FULL STORY
Well, that’s one way to make contestants in the Teen Tournament feel welcome.
These are the clue categories Jeopardy! gave its high school-aged competitors during the first round of a game earlier this week. And this is how stately, dignified Alex Trebek sounded when reading those category names aloud:
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Ghostbusters' reboot set for July 22, 2016
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum