Yo, Adrian! We got an exclusive! Meet the leading actors taking center stage (or should it be ring?) in the upcoming Broadway premiere of the new Lynn Ahrens/Stephen Flaherty/Thomas Meehan musicalization of the feel-good Oscar winner Rocky, which made Sylvester Stallone a megastar. Andy Karl, fresh off a choice supporting role in The Mystery of Edwin Drood last season, takes on moviedom’s favorite meat-punchin’, Philadelphia Museum of Art step-runnin’ turtle lover, and newcomer Margo Seibert will play Mr. Balboa’s painfully shy love interest, Adrian. The production is directed by wunderkind Alex Timbers (fresh off EW’s New Hollywood list), so expect some flights of fancy near your ringside seats, on a regulation-size boxing arena, no less. And given that the combined past credits for the creators of this musical include The Producers, Hairspray, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Ragtime, and Here Lies Love, it looks to be one of the knockouts of the 2013-14 theater season to be sure.
Tag: Alex Timbers (1-1 of 1)
- 'SNL': How'd Paul Rudd, One Direction do?
- 'Frozen': Ranking all 9 original songs
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees