Tony Danza is alive and well and starring in both the Broadway-bound musical adaptation of Honeymoon in Vegas, opening Sept. 26 in Millburn, NJ, and in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Don Jon, which hits theaters (and the cover of EW) Sept. 27. But you might recall he’s been the victim of not one, but two celebrity death hoaxes. Stopping by The Editor’s Hour with Jess Cagle on Entertainment Weekly Radio this week, Danza explained that the second time the Internet proclaims you’re dead, more people actually buy it. “Like, I got messages on my phone, ‘Oh, Tony!'” he says, laughing. “It’s kinda weird — after you’re gone, still being able to know what would happen.” Listen to an excerpt below and hear the full interview on SiriusXM channel 105 tomorrow (Sept. 26).
Tony Danza on celebrity Internet death hoaxes: The second time, people buy it
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast
- 'Castle': Best premiere rating in three years
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...