Tony Danza is alive and well and starring in both the Broadway-bound musical adaptation of Honeymoon in Vegas, opening Sept. 26 in Millburn, NJ, and in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Don Jon, which hits theaters (and the cover of EW) Sept. 27. But you might recall he’s been the victim of not one, but two celebrity death hoaxes. Stopping by The Editor’s Hour with Jess Cagle on Entertainment Weekly Radio this week, Danza explained that the second time the Internet proclaims you’re dead, more people actually buy it. “Like, I got messages on my phone, ‘Oh, Tony!'” he says, laughing. “It’s kinda weird — after you’re gone, still being able to know what would happen.” Listen to an excerpt below and hear the full interview on SiriusXM channel 105 tomorrow (Sept. 26).
Tony Danza on celebrity Internet death hoaxes: The second time, people buy it
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk