Tony Danza is alive and well and starring in both the Broadway-bound musical adaptation of Honeymoon in Vegas, opening Sept. 26 in Millburn, NJ, and in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Don Jon, which hits theaters (and the cover of EW) Sept. 27. But you might recall he’s been the victim of not one, but two celebrity death hoaxes. Stopping by The Editor’s Hour with Jess Cagle on Entertainment Weekly Radio this week, Danza explained that the second time the Internet proclaims you’re dead, more people actually buy it. “Like, I got messages on my phone, ‘Oh, Tony!'” he says, laughing. “It’s kinda weird — after you’re gone, still being able to know what would happen.” Listen to an excerpt below and hear the full interview on SiriusXM channel 105 tomorrow (Sept. 26).
Tony Danza on celebrity Internet death hoaxes: The second time, people buy it
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Mockingjay' trailer: Katniss sends a message
- Metallica residency on 'Late Late Show'
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- 'Agent Carter' gets its first teaser
- Stand-up comics on hell gigs: EW's 'Polished'