This shot is notable because it’s one of the only appearances in the trailer by Hiroyuki Sanada, who is playing the movie’s version of Shingen Yashida. Hiroyuki Sanada played the coolest samurai in The Last Samurai, Dogen in Lost, and The Master of Revenge in Revenge. Presumably, he will have a sword at some point in this movie.
'The Wolverine' trailer: A Deep Dive
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks