Kirk wants to set off to take down John Harrison personally. He’s told by a superior officer that “Starfleet is not about vendettas.” “Maybe it should be, sir!” Kirk apparently takes a squad of his best and brightest on a private mission…which includes utilizing a ship that looks veeerrrry similar to a certain hamburger-shaped YT-1300 freighter owned by a scruffy-looking Corellian pilot. Director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars fixation was well-documented even before he stepped up to direct the next film. What’s interesting about Into Darkness is that it seems to be explicitly following the structural model established by Empire Strikes Back: For the second movie, things need to get a whole lot bleaker.
'Star Trek Into Darkness' trailer: A Deep Dive
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Melissa Rivers sues Joan Rivers' docs, clinic
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks