“You don’t know who I am. You’ll never see me coming.” The trailer shows us a bit more of Ben Kingsley’s mysterious Mandarin, who tends to lurk in very shadowy places and say things like “I’m gonna offer a choice. Do you want an empty life? Or a meaningful death?” It’ll be interesting to see how this version of the Mandarin fits into the Iron Man franchise. Previous baddies were very rooted in Tony’s industrial-scientific arena; the Mandarin seems more like a Ra’s Al-Ghul figure — or, heck, Jigsaw — a man with a purpose who’s going to teach our hero important philosophy lessons before he dies.
'Iron Man 3' trailer: A Deep Dive
(Page 9 of 16)
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- Oscars 2014: Who's up, who's down
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks