Willem Dafoe is acting opposite Ellen Page in the videogame 'Beyond: Two Souls'
Remember last summer, when auteurist videogame designer David Cage revealed that he was working on Beyond: Two Souls, a game starring Ellen Page? Turns out Page isn't the only Oscar-nominated actor involved in Beyond. Cage's studio Quantic Dream revealed this morning that beloved crazy-eyed psychotic Willem Dafoe will also appear in the game. Dafoe plays Nathan Dawkins, a researcher who meets Ellen Page's character as a little girl and apparently reappears later in her life. Based on the reveal trailer, it looks like Dafoe is playing a combination of Donald Pleasence from Halloween and Lorraine Bracco from The Sopranos. Check out the reveal below:
And here's Dafoe behind the scenes, wearing the performance-capture ping-pong suit. Dafoe scholars will note that this isn't the actor's first mo-cap rodeo -- he also played the big four-armed green alien in John Carter, which frankly would have been a much better movie if it had been called Willem Dafoe's Big Four-Armed Green Alien.
Follow Darren on Twitter: @DarrenFranich
Read More of EW’s Games Coverage:
Sony announces Playstation 4 for Holiday 2013
The Best and Worst Videogames of 2012
The 10 Best Videogames of the Last Decade
The Nintendo Wii U: A review
What if your favorite summer movies were retro videogames?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7