Willem Dafoe is acting opposite Ellen Page in the videogame 'Beyond: Two Souls'
Remember last summer, when auteurist videogame designer David Cage revealed that he was working on Beyond: Two Souls, a game starring Ellen Page? Turns out Page isn't the only Oscar-nominated actor involved in Beyond. Cage's studio Quantic Dream revealed this morning that beloved crazy-eyed psychotic Willem Dafoe will also appear in the game. Dafoe plays Nathan Dawkins, a researcher who meets Ellen Page's character as a little girl and apparently reappears later in her life. Based on the reveal trailer, it looks like Dafoe is playing a combination of Donald Pleasence from Halloween and Lorraine Bracco from The Sopranos. Check out the reveal below:
And here's Dafoe behind the scenes, wearing the performance-capture ping-pong suit. Dafoe scholars will note that this isn't the actor's first mo-cap rodeo -- he also played the big four-armed green alien in John Carter, which frankly would have been a much better movie if it had been called Willem Dafoe's Big Four-Armed Green Alien.
Follow Darren on Twitter: @DarrenFranich
Read More of EW’s Games Coverage:
Sony announces Playstation 4 for Holiday 2013
The Best and Worst Videogames of 2012
The 10 Best Videogames of the Last Decade
The Nintendo Wii U: A review
What if your favorite summer movies were retro videogames?
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- 'AHS: Freak Show' to premiere Oct. 8
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- 'iZombie' gigs for Molly Hagan, Judy Reyes
- Greg Finley joins 'The Flash' as Girder
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'