Willem Dafoe is acting opposite Ellen Page in the videogame 'Beyond: Two Souls'
Remember last summer, when auteurist videogame designer David Cage revealed that he was working on Beyond: Two Souls, a game starring Ellen Page? Turns out Page isn't the only Oscar-nominated actor involved in Beyond. Cage's studio Quantic Dream revealed this morning that beloved crazy-eyed psychotic Willem Dafoe will also appear in the game. Dafoe plays Nathan Dawkins, a researcher who meets Ellen Page's character as a little girl and apparently reappears later in her life. Based on the reveal trailer, it looks like Dafoe is playing a combination of Donald Pleasence from Halloween and Lorraine Bracco from The Sopranos. Check out the reveal below:
And here's Dafoe behind the scenes, wearing the performance-capture ping-pong suit. Dafoe scholars will note that this isn't the actor's first mo-cap rodeo -- he also played the big four-armed green alien in John Carter, which frankly would have been a much better movie if it had been called Willem Dafoe's Big Four-Armed Green Alien.
Follow Darren on Twitter: @DarrenFranich
Read More of EW’s Games Coverage:
Sony announces Playstation 4 for Holiday 2013
The Best and Worst Videogames of 2012
The 10 Best Videogames of the Last Decade
The Nintendo Wii U: A review
What if your favorite summer movies were retro videogames?
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum