Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek‘s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments — including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” — bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement — Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe — the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane — slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
EW will give Seth MacFarlane a bad review, says Oscars host -- PHOTO
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Josh Radnor in 'Disgraced': EW stage review
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'