Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek‘s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments — including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” — bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement — Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe — the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane — slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
EW will give Seth MacFarlane a bad review, says Oscars host -- PHOTO
- 'Voice' eliminated singers are...
- Aaron Sorkin: A 'Newsroom' do-over?
- Mitch Hurwitz deal for new Netflix series
- TV's future? Supreme Court mulls Aereo
- 'Star Wars VII' casting 'almost complete'
- 'Gone Girl' change? 'Greatly exaggerated'
- Bryan Singer accuser names 3 more execs
- 'Game of Thrones': Cool interactive map