Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek‘s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments — including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” — bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement — Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe — the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane — slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
EW will give Seth MacFarlane a bad review, says Oscars host -- PHOTO
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Chris Brown to remain in custody
- 'Best Week Ever' canceled by VH1 (again)
- Jodie Foster marries Alexandra Hedison
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Bachelorette' contestant Eric Hill dies
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Ruffalo's pics
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': First pic from set