Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek‘s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments — including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” — bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement — Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe — the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane — slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
EW will give Seth MacFarlane a bad review, says Oscars host -- PHOTO
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Shonda Rhimes to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Charlie Hunnam circles King Arthur role
- Stephen Lee, character actor, dies at 58
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week