Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek‘s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments — including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” — bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement — Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe — the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane — slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
EW will give Seth MacFarlane a bad review, says Oscars host -- PHOTO
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Queen Latifah's talk show canceled
- 'Lemony Snicket' writer apologizes for joke
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Bill Cosby: Two more women step forward
- Bill Cosby performs at benefit in Bahamas
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'