Friday night, I had the honor of moderating a panel at the New York Television Festival, which included New Girl‘s Liz Meriwether and Hannah Simone, Ben + Kate‘s Dakota Johnson and Lucy Punch, and Raising Hope‘s Shannon Woodward. And while I wasn’t fixating on why all funny women on Fox seem to have bangs, I was listening to these hilarious women’s responses to their favorite comedic actress (Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig), whether they’re allowed to improvise (hell no on Raising Hope, but hell yeah on the other shows. “Free writing!” Meriwether said), on which show they’d like to see their characters do a cross-over (pretty much a universal desire to be on Homeland), and whether that boob-slap match between Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Cece (Simone) hurt (nah,they were padded). But my favorite moment had to be when I asked Meriwether whether she had a plan about where Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess will end up and without missing a beat she said, “F—ing.” (But she said it without the dashes.) But then she conceded, “But he’ll marry someone else.”
'New Girl' creator Liz Meriwether on Nick and Jess 'f--ing'
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk