Ryan Murphy is one of the most successful men in television. This fall, he’ll have three scripted shows on the air — Glee, American Horror Story, and The New Normal. In honor of this impressive achievement, Vogue wrote a lengthy profile on the TV scribe. The story includes everything you ever wanted to know (and some things you didn’t) about Murphy. To spare you the burden of clicking through all six pages of the Vogue article, we have selected five fun facts for your reading pleasure.
1. Murphy likes to order people’s food for them: When Vogue writer Jonathan Van Meter sat down for dinner with Murphy at the Chateau Marmont, Murphy immediately ordered them both Spaghetti Bolognese. ”I fundamentally knew exactly what you would like,” he told Meter. Vegetarians, beware!
2. He considers himself the “male Lady Gaga”: Because his work is “at once inflammatory and wildly popular.” Murphy then insisted Meter print the Gaga remark.
3. He had an affair with a 21-year-old when he was 15: “We would wash his Corvette, go fishing, and listen to Christopher Cross on eight-tracks,” Murphy said of the relationship.
4. He is “obsessed with Ann Romney”: Granted, this was meant to be somewhat sarcastic, but he goes on to say that he admires the Republican presidential candidate’s wife and her brood of children.
5. He wishes he’d created Girls: Despite his reputation for being “smug,” Murphy said he does watch and admire other people’s work. “I love Lena Dunham,” he proclaimed. Glee cameo?
BONUS: Glee‘s Lea Michele wants to be Murphy’s daughter: This is not technically a fact about Murphy, but Michele’s remark was too bizarre to be overlooked. ”I am incredibly jealous that I am not their daughter. Because the Murphy household would be my dream.” Intense. Watch your back future Murphy baby!
Ryan Murphy tweets new ‘Glee’ posters — but where’s Quinn?
Ryan Murphy tweets ‘Glee’-ful pic of Kurt’s ‘Sex’-y new mentor, Isabelle
Ryan Murphy tweets deleted Tina/Mike scene; Gleeks can commence freaking out — VIDEO