From dream-casting the movie to hearing Barbara Walters wax poetic on S&M, we thought we’d seen it all when it came to Fifty Shades of Grey. But Ellen DeGeneres stepped it up a notch on Thursday. The talk show host and comedienne did a dramatic reading of the popular E L James romance novel as a “taping” of the audiobook version. Check out the clip below and tell us what you think — does her interpretation make you laugh out loud (I did!), or is it an injustice to some of the best literature of our time?
Apr 26 2012 09:25 PM ET
Ellen reads from 'Fifty Shades of Grey': 'Do not eat the pancakes!'
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Patricia Clarkson joins 'Maze Runner' cast
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer
- Russell Brand jolts 'Morning Joe': Watch
- Dan Harmon sorry for 'Community' slam
- Ryan Reynolds exits 'Highlander' remake