Playing minor league baseball in Canada can sometimes feel especially “minor.” Hockey is by far the nation’s passion, and Major League Baseball gave up on the Montreal Expos years ago. In fact, the only MLB-affiliated minor-league franchise plays in relative obscurity in Vancouver, but at least they’re doing something about it. The second-place Canadians are taking a page out of the Major League handbook to sell some tickets. Kudos to the promotional manager who put together this homage to the 1989 baseball comedy, a film that came out before some of these players were even born. Watch the clip and then the original faux American Express commercial that got the Cleveland Indians noticed.
Vancouver baseball team looks to 'Major League' to sell tickets
- 'Hateful Eight': Know them by name
- 'Parks and Rec' role for Rachel Dratch
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang,' Emmys
- Lena Dunham shares quick 'Girls' teaser
- Lori Petty back to 'Orange Is the New Black'
- Paul Reubens to play 'Blacklist' baddie
- Miley Cyrus: Dominican Republic says no
- 'Z Nation,' Syfy zombie drama, on Sept. 10
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- 'Criminal Minds' tribute to Meshach Taylor