Playing minor league baseball in Canada can sometimes feel especially “minor.” Hockey is by far the nation’s passion, and Major League Baseball gave up on the Montreal Expos years ago. In fact, the only MLB-affiliated minor-league franchise plays in relative obscurity in Vancouver, but at least they’re doing something about it. The second-place Canadians are taking a page out of the Major League handbook to sell some tickets. Kudos to the promotional manager who put together this homage to the 1989 baseball comedy, a film that came out before some of these players were even born. Watch the clip and then the original faux American Express commercial that got the Cleveland Indians noticed.
Vancouver baseball team looks to 'Major League' to sell tickets
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?