Playing minor league baseball in Canada can sometimes feel especially “minor.” Hockey is by far the nation’s passion, and Major League Baseball gave up on the Montreal Expos years ago. In fact, the only MLB-affiliated minor-league franchise plays in relative obscurity in Vancouver, but at least they’re doing something about it. The second-place Canadians are taking a page out of the Major League handbook to sell some tickets. Kudos to the promotional manager who put together this homage to the 1989 baseball comedy, a film that came out before some of these players were even born. Watch the clip and then the original faux American Express commercial that got the Cleveland Indians noticed.
Vancouver baseball team looks to 'Major League' to sell tickets
- Miley Cyrus in hospital, cancels KC show
- Paul Walker's bros help finish 'F&F7'
- Maya Rudolph: NBC variety special with...
- Ginny Potter, Quidditch Correspondent
- Stephen Colbert as 'Late Show' guest
- 'Game of Thrones' sets piracy record
- Ice Cube: No disrespect to Paul Walker
- Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for fiction