Playing minor league baseball in Canada can sometimes feel especially “minor.” Hockey is by far the nation’s passion, and Major League Baseball gave up on the Montreal Expos years ago. In fact, the only MLB-affiliated minor-league franchise plays in relative obscurity in Vancouver, but at least they’re doing something about it. The second-place Canadians are taking a page out of the Major League handbook to sell some tickets. Kudos to the promotional manager who put together this homage to the 1989 baseball comedy, a film that came out before some of these players were even born. Watch the clip and then the original faux American Express commercial that got the Cleveland Indians noticed.
Vancouver baseball team looks to 'Major League' to sell tickets
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best albums of '13: Nick Catucci's picks
- 10 best fiction books of 2013: EW picks...
- 'Sound of Music' ratings huge for NBC
- 'Sound of Music': Talk about it!
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016