Susan Boyle’s amazing journey from obscurity to overnight singing sensation will be the subject of a new musical, titled I Dreamed a Dream, according to Reuters. Scottish actress Elaine Smith will portray Boyle in a touring show scheduled to premiere in Newcastle, England on March 23, 2012. “I never thought my life story would end up on the stage, but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect,” Boyle said in a statement. “I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way.”
Susan Boyle musical lands its star, premiere date
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend