Susan Boyle’s amazing journey from obscurity to overnight singing sensation will be the subject of a new musical, titled I Dreamed a Dream, according to Reuters. Scottish actress Elaine Smith will portray Boyle in a touring show scheduled to premiere in Newcastle, England on March 23, 2012. “I never thought my life story would end up on the stage, but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect,” Boyle said in a statement. “I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way.”
Susan Boyle musical lands its star, premiere date
- 'Game of Thrones' adds 9 to cast
- Kenny Johnson returns to 'Bates Motel'
- Bryan Singer: A sex abuse suit dismissed
- Comic-Con, Day 1: What's new in comics
- 'Outlander' trailer debuts at Comic-Con
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'