In a special three-hour episode of Celebrity Apprentice, three different celebrities left the show, either by their own volition or the firing finger of Donald Trump. The show also featured not one but two Meat Loaf meltdowns, neither of which involved missing paints. My full recap will be up at 2am (UPDATE: Click over to see Dalton’s full Celebrity Apprentice recap now), but if you can’t wait to sound off on all the insanity, then read on for more. [SPOILER ALERT: Read on only if you have already watched Sunday's episode of Celebrity Apprentice.]
Where is NeNe Leakes? I have no idea! The Atlanta housewife went AWOL after Mr. Trump seemingly did her a favor by moving her to a different team away from her nemesis, Star Jones. Even though she quit, that didn’t stop Trump from delivering a posthumous firing at the next Boardroom: “To you, Nene, I say, you’re fired. And you’re a quitter. And Star Jones kicked your ass whether you like it or not.”
Then, after being tasked with putting on a comedy show to raise money, zombie Project Manager — she did come back from the dead on this show, after all — La Toya Jackson was fired after bringing in less money than Meat Loaf, who spent 98% of the task crying out of fear that the money he was raising for his charity would go to La Toya’s instead. (He spent the other 2% telling bad jokes from the stage.)
But the emotional roller coaster that is Mr. Loaf was about to take a double-dip after his team lost the next challenge, which involved promoting a new OnStar product that I couldn’t care less about. After debating with Star Jones on where the blame rested for their team’s loss, the two went toe-to-toe outside the Boardroom, yelling about credentials, the word “sweetie,” and whether a case was closed or not while Amanda the receptionist looked on with a mix of horror and fascination and interpreter Jack Jason tried his best to keep up, In the end, Star was fired, but not before Donald Trump could tell us all that “I think gayness is wonderful.”
My full recap will up soon, but in the meantime, tell is what you think. Did NeNe wimp out by leaving? Was there any point to bringing La Toya back even though she was never going to make the finals anyway? And is there anything wrong with the word sweetie? Hit the message boards and let us know. And for more reality ramblings delivered right to your virtual doorstep, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.