The women of The View invited ABC News’ chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross on the show with them today to break down the Navy Seal assault that led to the death of Osama bin Laden. Watch the discussion below, which includes some exclusive ABC News footage from inside the mansion. It’s respectfully coherent until the very end, when, after praising President Obama, Barbara Walters says, “I would hate now to be a Republican candidate thinking of running.” Then, they start talking over one another while Ross just smiles: “As Elisabeth always says, ‘Skip the next election,’” adds Joy Behar. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, to her credit, refuses to play: “Wait a minute, I think it’s insane to politicize this event right now, and I refuse to partake in that, at all,” she says. Walters thanked her for taking that stance.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck refuses to politicize bin Laden assassination (sorry, Barbara and Joy)
- 'Captain America 2' No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- Miley Cyrus postpones tour until August
- Bieber deport bid: White House says...
- Bryan Singer disputes Hawaii abuse claim
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out