The women of The View invited ABC News’ chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross on the show with them today to break down the Navy Seal assault that led to the death of Osama bin Laden. Watch the discussion below, which includes some exclusive ABC News footage from inside the mansion. It’s respectfully coherent until the very end, when, after praising President Obama, Barbara Walters says, “I would hate now to be a Republican candidate thinking of running.” Then, they start talking over one another while Ross just smiles: “As Elisabeth always says, ‘Skip the next election,'” adds Joy Behar. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, to her credit, refuses to play: “Wait a minute, I think it’s insane to politicize this event right now, and I refuse to partake in that, at all,” she says. Walters thanked her for taking that stance.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck refuses to politicize bin Laden assassination (sorry, Barbara and Joy)
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- 'Orange,' 'Downton' casts win SAG Awards
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe 2015
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks
- Kaya Scodelario + 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5'
- Rihanna's new song with Kanye, McCartney
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film