The women of The View invited ABC News’ chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross on the show with them today to break down the Navy Seal assault that led to the death of Osama bin Laden. Watch the discussion below, which includes some exclusive ABC News footage from inside the mansion. It’s respectfully coherent until the very end, when, after praising President Obama, Barbara Walters says, “I would hate now to be a Republican candidate thinking of running.” Then, they start talking over one another while Ross just smiles: “As Elisabeth always says, ‘Skip the next election,'” adds Joy Behar. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, to her credit, refuses to play: “Wait a minute, I think it’s insane to politicize this event right now, and I refuse to partake in that, at all,” she says. Walters thanked her for taking that stance.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck refuses to politicize bin Laden assassination (sorry, Barbara and Joy)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7