Honestly, last night’s episode of CBS’ The Good Wife had Alan Cumming’s Eli coming comically unglued and the return of Michael J. Fox’s Louis Canning and Denis O’Hare’s Judge Abernathy, and yet… we’re still obsessed with the talking lion delivering the voice of Titus Welliver’s Glenn Childs to Cary (Matt Czuchry, who may deserve an Emmy nomination for keeping a near straight face). Props again to series creators Robert and Michelle King. “Michelle was given a talking teddy bear speaker phone by her uncle a long time ago; and we always wanted to do a scene involving an intense and intimidating phone conversation over the phone,” Robert tells EW. “Our daughter suggested we give the phone to our Mr. Mom investigator, Wiley. It seemed like a good idea to do this in an episode where we couldn’t get Titus. The only problem is our prop person couldn’t find the phone. So we tried various talking animal toys: and the funniest was the lion from a small Japanese company, Kuchi-Paku. The doll can be attached, as we did, to an actual phone, or an iPod. It’s very funny to play Presidential speeches through it.” Watch the scene again below. And happy Web surfing.
'The Good Wife': The story behind the talking lion
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- 'AHS: Freak Show' to premiere Oct. 8
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- 'iZombie' gigs for Molly Hagan, Judy Reyes
- Greg Finley joins 'The Flash' as Girder
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'