Producers of the Broadway musical American Idiot announced today that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will return to the role of St. Jimmy (currently played by AFI singer Davey Havok) on April 5 for the show’s final three weeks. This will mark Armstrong’s third turn as the rocking drug pusher in the play, which is based on his band’s 2004 album of the same name. American Idiot — which experienced a drop in ticket sales after Armstrong departed in late February — will close on April 24.
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong to return to 'American Idiot', show will close April 24
- DC Comics movie clues in website names?
- CeeLo Green's 'Good Life' canceled by TBS
- Robin Williams' daughter back on Twitter
- 'Gang Related' canceled by Fox
- 'Hemlock Grove' gets third/final season
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement
- Tyne Daly to guest on 'Modern Family'