Producers of the Broadway musical American Idiot announced today that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will return to the role of St. Jimmy (currently played by AFI singer Davey Havok) on April 5 for the show’s final three weeks. This will mark Armstrong’s third turn as the rocking drug pusher in the play, which is based on his band’s 2004 album of the same name. American Idiot — which experienced a drop in ticket sales after Armstrong departed in late February — will close on April 24.
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong to return to 'American Idiot', show will close April 24
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- Katniss wax figure at Madame Tussauds
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- N.Y. theater sets live-read of 'The Interview'
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks