Producers of the Broadway musical American Idiot announced today that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will return to the role of St. Jimmy (currently played by AFI singer Davey Havok) on April 5 for the show’s final three weeks. This will mark Armstrong’s third turn as the rocking drug pusher in the play, which is based on his band’s 2004 album of the same name. American Idiot — which experienced a drop in ticket sales after Armstrong departed in late February — will close on April 24.
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong to return to 'American Idiot', show will close April 24
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' cliffhanger: Who died?
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Tomorrow People' react: 'Death's Door'
- 'Sing-Off' judges get 'Hooked on a Feeling'!
- 'Hawaii Five-0': Tom Berenger as Danny's dad
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)