Who wasn’t excited to hear that Lindsay Lohan would show up in person at The Late Show with David Letterman to read a Top Ten list? Who wasn’t disappointed when the starlet backed out of the appearance? Last night, Letterman himself tried to explain the kerfuffle … and put the blame squarely on his shoulders. According to the host, after he made a Lohan-themed joke in his Grammys Top Ten list, he received a call from someone claiming to represent Lohan. Letterman: “The guys says, ‘Lindsay thought that joke was hilarious. She wants to be on your show.’ So I said, great!” (According to PopEater, the “guy” was actually Michael Lohan, clearly hoping for a repeat victory in the “Worst Father of the Decade” tournament.) “We were duped, and I have no one to blame but myself,” concludes Letterman. “I hope I didn’t embarrass you, Lindsay, and your family.” Watch video of Dave’s apology after the jump…
David Letterman apologizes to Lindsay Lohan: 'I hope I didn't embarrass you'
- Jack Gleeson react to 'Thrones' twist: Pic
- Channing Tatum + 'X-Men'? Gambit talk
- 'Roswell' reunion set for June at ATX fest
- Fox slammed for 'X rated' Easter Bunny
- 'Americans' renewed for season 3
- Chloe Grace Moretz joins 'The 5th Wave'
- Miley Cyrus still ill, St. Louis show nixed
- 'Heroes Reborn' adds a digital prequel