Like most red-blooded Americans, I love videos of newscasters making giant flubs on the air — like this one, this one, and (especially) this one. But the following clip, in which CBS News reporter Serene Branson’s post-Grammys report devolves into gibberish, is actually kind of unsettling. Suspicions that something may have been wrong with Branson were raised further after a (totally unconfirmed) report surfaced earlier today that she was hospitalized shortly after the segment aired. Calls to CBS News were not returned. Here’s hoping everything is okay and it was just a run-of-the-mill goof. UPDATE: CBS Los Angeles reports that Branson was not hospitalized after all. She was examined by paramedics immediately after her broadcast, who found her vital signs to be normal.
What happened to tongue-tied CBS News reporter Serene Branson?
- American Music Awards winners (Updated)
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere