Like most red-blooded Americans, I love videos of newscasters making giant flubs on the air — like this one, this one, and (especially) this one. But the following clip, in which CBS News reporter Serene Branson’s post-Grammys report devolves into gibberish, is actually kind of unsettling. Suspicions that something may have been wrong with Branson were raised further after a (totally unconfirmed) report surfaced earlier today that she was hospitalized shortly after the segment aired. Calls to CBS News were not returned. Here’s hoping everything is okay and it was just a run-of-the-mill goof. UPDATE: CBS Los Angeles reports that Branson was not hospitalized after all. She was examined by paramedics immediately after her broadcast, who found her vital signs to be normal.
What happened to tongue-tied CBS News reporter Serene Branson?
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- John Legend, Common to perform at Oscars
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo in ABC pilot
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd