- Starz has confirmed to EW that Camelot — starring Joseph Fiennes, Eva Green, and Jamie Campbell Bower as Merlin, Morgan, and Arthur, respectively — will debut on the network on April 1. I await plenty of sword innuendo.
- ABC has picked up a drama pilot from Shonda Rhimes about the “life and work of a professional fixer and her dysfunctional staff.” The series is inspired by Judy Smith, a crisis management consultant who worked on cases involving Michael Vick and David Paterson and advised Monica Lewinsky. So where was she when this happened? [Variety]
- Will Smith is developing a crime series set in China with Fox and Overbrook Entertainment. The project centers on a college student in China (where Smith also produced The Karate Kid) who doubles as a crime-fighter. [Variety]
- Maroon 5 will serve as the house band during Jan. 16’s Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, where hopefully they will be loved. [L.A. Times]
Excess Hollywood: Starz's 'Camelot' sets April 1 premiere
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- 'We Are Not Ourselves' film rights sold
- 'Rush Hour' TV series in the works
- 'Mistresses' renewed for summer '15 by ABC
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips
- Benjamin Walker in Nicholas Sparks' 'Choice'
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'