- Sony’s Moneyball has a release date: The baseball movie — starring Brad Pitt — is banking on Sept. 23 to rake in box office gold. [Variety]
- An idea that’s not dum dum: Adult Swim has ordered 12 episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV, a comedy from The League‘s Paul Scheer that parodies police procedurals. The concept began as a skit for Rob Corddry’s Childrens Hospital. [Deadline]
- Mira Sorvino will topline Union Square, an indie about two estranged sisters. They should head on over to Chat ‘n Chew for some mac and cheese — that’ll inspire anyone to patch things up quickly.
- Universal tweeted that The Thing prequel — about researches who discover a mysterious being in Antarctica — will be in theaters Oct. 13. [Universal Pictures]
- Summit is in talks to acquire Game Theory, the action-thriller script from Michael Alan Lerner about a game theorist who finds himself in the middle of a “global incident.” Alright, when are we going to see a Professor version of Super Friends made up of National Treasure‘s Nicolas Cage, The Da Vinci Code‘s Tom Hanks, and this guy? [Variety]
- Meagen Fay will star alongside Raven-Symoné in ABC Family’s The Great State of Georgia as a Southern landlady in New York. ] [Deadline]
- TV veteran Bob Cohen has optioned the rights to Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant for a scripted series. The book hones in on the bizarre world of pilots and flight attendants; Cohen sees the show being a sitcom akin to The Office. Fitting, because we’ve all sat next to a Creed on a plane. [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: 'Moneyball' to get the ball rolling Sept. 23
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online