late-night talk show on TBS. Looking for a reason to watch his fresh start? Well, you’re in luck: O’Brien gave EW.com five good ones.In just a few short hours, Conan O’Brien ends his hiatus from the tube with the debut of Conan, a
1. ”There may be a cash giveaway. And I repeat may.”
2. “Late in the first show, I’m choosing a second wife — someone who’s independently very wealthy, so if I go through this kind of bulls— again, I’m really well taken care of. I mean, I’m talking about someone with hundreds of millions of dollars, because then I’ll really walk the walk.”
3. “You’ll get to see whether I kept the beard or not. And I don’t think I’m self-centered, but I think it’s more important to America than this election.”
4. “Reuniting Led Zeppelin is a goal of mine. I didn’t say it was going to happen. We’re either going to reunite Led Zeppelin, or a Led Zeppelin tribute band that hasn’t worked together in six years.”
5. “You’re going to see me slowly resent Andy less over the course of the first year on the air. Because you know it was him that f—ed up. I was doing fine before he came back to reunite the magic. I think people will love to watch a guy slowly start to forgive somebody over the course of 150 shows.”
What say you, PopWatchers? Will you be tuning in tonight to Conan? Any predictions for the first show?
More on Conan:
Conan’s first guest …
Conan O’Brien on his new show: ‘You’ll see me sink to a new low. In a good way’
Conan O’Brien surprises George Lopez with Spanish skills, a mariachi band
Andy Richter talks ‘Conan’ as test shows begin: ‘We’re gonna be a lot happier’
‘Conan’ announces first week of guests. Who are you most excited to see?