- Get ready for some long-term sitting, Broadway audiences: Robin Williams is in negotiations to make his acting debut on the Great White Way in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. [NYT]
- Demetri Martin has signed on to star, write, and produce a vehicle for himself on CBS. Here’s an Important Thing for Martin: Not using a laugh track, please. [Variety]
- Magnolia Pictures’ Magnet announced via press release that it has acquired rights to the Hayden Christensen- and John Leguizamo-starring Vanishing on 7th Street, a horror film surrounding the misplacement of my friend during a drunken night in the East Village a Detroit power outage.
- Numb3rs star David Krumholtz is joining Jim Carrey, Carla Gugino, and James Tupper in Mr. Popper’s Penguins, about a wealthy man who inherits several penguins. Haven’t I seen this movie before? [THR]
- Vh1 will turn the Queen Latifah-produced Single Ladies film into the network’s first scripted dramedy. (No, Vh1’s dearly departed dramedy Rock of Love Bus doesn’t count, because you can’t write lines like: “People who eat basil are lame.”) [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: Robin Williams in talks for Broadway
- DC Comics movie clues in website names?
- CeeLo Green's 'Good Life' canceled by TBS
- Robin Williams' daughter back on Twitter
- 'Gang Related' canceled by Fox
- 'Hemlock Grove' gets third/final season
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement
- Tyne Daly to guest on 'Modern Family'