- Get ready for some long-term sitting, Broadway audiences: Robin Williams is in negotiations to make his acting debut on the Great White Way in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. [NYT]
- Demetri Martin has signed on to star, write, and produce a vehicle for himself on CBS. Here’s an Important Thing for Martin: Not using a laugh track, please. [Variety]
- Magnolia Pictures’ Magnet announced via press release that it has acquired rights to the Hayden Christensen- and John Leguizamo-starring Vanishing on 7th Street, a horror film surrounding the misplacement of my friend during a drunken night in the East Village a Detroit power outage.
- Numb3rs star David Krumholtz is joining Jim Carrey, Carla Gugino, and James Tupper in Mr. Popper’s Penguins, about a wealthy man who inherits several penguins. Haven’t I seen this movie before? [THR]
- Vh1 will turn the Queen Latifah-produced Single Ladies film into the network’s first scripted dramedy. (No, Vh1′s dearly departed dramedy Rock of Love Bus doesn’t count, because you can’t write lines like: “People who eat basil are lame.”) [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: Robin Williams in talks for Broadway
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian?
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
- 'Fifty Shades': Who'll dress Christian, Anastasia?
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'