- Get ready for some long-term sitting, Broadway audiences: Robin Williams is in negotiations to make his acting debut on the Great White Way in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. [NYT]
- Demetri Martin has signed on to star, write, and produce a vehicle for himself on CBS. Here’s an Important Thing for Martin: Not using a laugh track, please. [Variety]
- Magnolia Pictures’ Magnet announced via press release that it has acquired rights to the Hayden Christensen- and John Leguizamo-starring Vanishing on 7th Street, a horror film surrounding the misplacement of my friend during a drunken night in the East Village a Detroit power outage.
- Numb3rs star David Krumholtz is joining Jim Carrey, Carla Gugino, and James Tupper in Mr. Popper’s Penguins, about a wealthy man who inherits several penguins. Haven’t I seen this movie before? [THR]
- Vh1 will turn the Queen Latifah-produced Single Ladies film into the network’s first scripted dramedy. (No, Vh1′s dearly departed dramedy Rock of Love Bus doesn’t count, because you can’t write lines like: “People who eat basil are lame.”) [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: Robin Williams in talks for Broadway
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Diddy offers $200M for Fuse: Report
- '12 Years a Slave': Post-Oscar $$ bump
- Justin Bieber: Surprise SXSW performance
- Lindsay Lohan: Modest ratings for OWN
- 'Tom & Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo': New 'toons
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Summer return on...
- Elisabeth Moss: Shirtless/revealing talk