I caught up with Jeff Probst on location on day three of shooting Survivor: Nicaragua (which premieres Wednesday at 8pm on CBS) and the host was not a happy camper. The first immunity challenge had not gone according to plan. The challenge department had spent countless hours prepping for it to be performed one way, but the contestants had outsmarted the production staff and gone their own route. Was it a bad omen, or a testament to what makes reality TV so compelling: the fact that you cannot control what happens once you say those three magical words, “Survivors, ready…GO!”? In the first two sections of our four-part chat (parts three and four will be upon Wednesday), Probst talks about what went wrong, why he’s so nervous coming off the greatness that was Heroes vs. Villains, why he was initially skeptical about revisiting the Old vs. Young twist again, and why the phrase Medallion of Power should only be repeated while doing your best Dokken impersonation. Check out the video player below for all the intel and some exclusive on location footage. And for more Survivor scoop all season long, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
'Survivor: Nicaragua': Jeff Probst shows off his heavy metal singing voice while offering a sneak peak at the new season
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' in summer '17
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...