in The Hollywood Reporter this morning that Freeman and Judd are mulling a reunion (alongside Harry Connick Jr.) in Dolphin Tale, a story about the friendship between a boy and a brave dolphin whose use of a prosthetic fin touches people across the planet. Judd has her eye on the role of the boy’s mother, Freeman the dolphin’s doctor, but I’m hoping a script doctor will set things straight by rewriting their roles as “plucky young police officer” and “grizzled-but-wise detective (with one week left on the job).” Got better ideas for their characters? Begin the brainstorming sesh in the comments below!I know they’ve only been in two movies together (1997’s Kiss the Girls and 2002′ High Crimes), but for some irrational reason, I think of Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd as the peanut butter and raspberry jam of cinematic pairings: How can one possibly exist without the other? So needless to say, I was elated to read
Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd set to (finally!) reunite in 'Dolphin Tale'
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- 'Dancing With the Stars' 3 finalists are...
- 'True Detective' casts 3 in key roles
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- Idina Menzel announces world tour
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC