- Alfred Molina has joined the cast of Taylor Lautner’s Abduction as a CIA agent searching for the leading man. Unfortunately, he doesn’t realize until the end of the movie that he can just consult the Twilight message boards to find Lautner. [Deadline]
- Juno Temple is in talks to play the queen in Paul W.S. Anderson’s 3-D take on The Three Musketeers. Seeing as Temple played Jane Parker — Anne Boleyn’s sister-in-law who went insane in the Tower of London and was subsequently executed — in 2008’s The Other Boleyn Girl, this is quite the promotion. [THR]
- AMC has picked up pilot Hell On Wheels, which is centered around the transcontinental railroad’s 19th-century construction. If people think the transcontinental railroad is “hell on wheels,” then they obviously have never seen me try to drive a stick-shift. [Deadline]
- Sony Pictures Classics has acquired Vera Drake director Mike Leigh’s ensemble drama Another Year — as in, another year, another Mike Leigh Oscar contender. This one’s about “a happily married couple, some troubled friends, and the nuanced emotions of aging.” [THR]
Alfred Molina joins 'Abduction,' 'The Three Musketeers' gets a queen (Excess Hollywood)
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks