- Alfred Molina has joined the cast of Taylor Lautner’s Abduction as a CIA agent searching for the leading man. Unfortunately, he doesn’t realize until the end of the movie that he can just consult the Twilight message boards to find Lautner. [Deadline]
- Juno Temple is in talks to play the queen in Paul W.S. Anderson’s 3-D take on The Three Musketeers. Seeing as Temple played Jane Parker — Anne Boleyn’s sister-in-law who went insane in the Tower of London and was subsequently executed — in 2008’s The Other Boleyn Girl, this is quite the promotion. [THR]
- AMC has picked up pilot Hell On Wheels, which is centered around the transcontinental railroad’s 19th-century construction. If people think the transcontinental railroad is “hell on wheels,” then they obviously have never seen me try to drive a stick-shift. [Deadline]
- Sony Pictures Classics has acquired Vera Drake director Mike Leigh’s ensemble drama Another Year — as in, another year, another Mike Leigh Oscar contender. This one’s about “a happily married couple, some troubled friends, and the nuanced emotions of aging.” [THR]
Alfred Molina joins 'Abduction,' 'The Three Musketeers' gets a queen (Excess Hollywood)
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.