this afternoon that Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice exec producer Shonda Rhimes will be even busier this fall, now that her medical drama Off the Map was picked up by ABC. Starring Enrique Murciano (Without a Trace), Jason George (Grey’s), Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls), and Martin Henderson, Map follows a team of medical professionals who start work at a tropical island clinic. It will be interesting to see how this series pans out — I remain a dedicated Grey’s fan (yes, even through the dark days of Gizzie and ghost sex), but I’ve never really gotten into Private Practice. Here’s hoping a third round of meds won’t represent diminishing returns. But, hey, if anyone can pull three medical dramas off, Rhimes can, right? And shouldn’t every series be set on a tropical island? EW’s Michael Ausiello reported
Shonda Rhimes' pilot 'Off the Map' gets picked up. Get ready for another doctor drama!
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' renewed
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Eva Longoria arc on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in