- Discovery Channel and Steven Spielberg are at work on an animated miniseries called Future Earth, which will depict what life will look like in 25, 50, and 100 years. Will there be hover bikes?! [Variety]
- Diane Lane is set to star in Cinema Verite, HBO’s upcoming film which looks behind-the-scenes of the groundbreaking 1970s documentary An American Family. Lane is playing Pat Loud, the matriarch of the family who asked her husband on air for a divorce. She must have discovered all his Ed Hardy wear. [THR]
- Comic-Con might remain in San Diego after all: Though talks began of moving the convention to a different city because of its growing size, the city’s convention center is planning to expand in order to keep comic book fans in the city. A major win for the sunscreen industry, glayvin. [Variety]
- Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) will direct Clive Owen in the horror-thriller Intruders, about “an 11-year-old girl who is forced to confront childhood demons.” I could be speculating here, but I’m guessing Owen won’t play the 11-year-old girl. [Variety]
- Mare Winningham is the latest actress to join HBO’s Mildred Pierce, while Lizzy Caplan nabbed the leading role on CBS’ True Love pilot. In the name of Freaks and Geeks, Related, The Class and Party Down, let’s hope this one sticks for Caplan! [THR]
- Poker player Chris Ferguson has decided to use his winnings to back film/TV venture RCR Pictures, run by Robin Schorr. Good gamble? [Deadline]
- Netflix has inked a deal with Twentieth Century Fox and Universal Studios, which allows it to rent movies out 28 days after the films reach stores. [Reuters]
Steven Spielberg's new animated miniseries, Diane Lane in HBO movie (Excess Hollywood)
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast
- 'Castle': Best premiere rating in three years
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...