Jessica Simpson continues her own personal campaign for real beauty by going bare-faced for a photo shoot for Marie Claire — yes, even on the cover. And, braver still, she goes retouching-free. It seems to prove, more than anything else, that Jessica Simpson is one gorgeous lady. Going bare-faced and retouch-free on covers of national magazines is not to be attempted by most of us mere mortals. (The pic of her with the braid, in particular, is stunning, if you ask me.) It also proves she knows how to promote her VH1 show, The Price of Beauty, and how to continue to make lemonade from the prolonged public weight “controversy” she suffered through last year. “I don’t have anything to prove anymore,” she told the mag. “What other people think of me is not my business.” Pretty good words to live by, really. It must be said: For all her foibles, she’s one smart — and likable — cookie.
Jessica Simpson goes makeup- and retouch-free for 'Marie Claire'
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'