Who is Irina Shabayeva? The back-stabbing mean girl that this season made her out to be? Or victim of a “bitch edit”? Why was she always ragging on her colleagues? Did she have any doubts that she’d beat Althea and Carol Hannah to the Bryant Park finish line? Dalton and I covered these burning questions and more (!) when the divisive season six winner sat for her Project Runway Talk grilling. Press play on our two-part interview below to see what Irina had to say about her controversial all-black collection, how the nickname Mean-a Irina came to be, and her claim that behind whatever bitchery she displayed on screen, there was always a good reason for it…only, it consistently ended up on the cutting-room floor.
'Project Runway Talk': Irina explains herself
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover